In order to keep your carpet in top shape, it’s important to clean on a regular basis. Dirt and dust build up over time causing discoloration and an unpleasant odor. While vacuuming can get rid of some of it, these quick easy tips will help you get your carpet looking great at home.
1) Start off by making sure you have good quality vacuum cleaner. If your vacuum is less than 3 years old, then chances are that it’s still good enough for what you need. When buying a new one, try going to places like Amazon or eBay where they sell used items which are typically still very useful.
2) Next, you want to empty your vacuum after each use. Your vacuum needs room to maneuver through its hose so don’t be afraid to take everything out; replace any missing parts as well!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
3) Use a soft brush attachment to remove dirt from delicate floor coverings such as carpets and rugs. For wood floors, invest in a separate soft-bristled brush that won’t scratch surfaces.
4) Wetting down dirty carpets helps lift stains and residue, giving you more bang for your buck while doing more thorough cleaning.
5) Using vacuum bags regularly not only extends their life span but also makes them more effective in capturing particles from upholstery furniture.
6) Make sure that your vacuum has agitators too since they move back and forth efficiently lifting hair from carpets.
7) Don’t forget to close windows before using vacuum cleaners since a windy day may blow debris back into your house.